A Murder Mystery Game
All our activities are suitable to non-native English speakers of one ability level or another. Even those activities primarily targeted at UK students are suitable for proficient English as a Foreign Language (EFL) students, although in some cases they may be quite challenging!
We can, in many cases, offer a fully translated option for younger students or those with very limited English, without making the puzzles themselves too childlike. Please enquire if you believe your group requires this facility.
Our grading system for activities follows the Common European Framework for language teaching and examination. We've simplified the many possible levels by classifying our games as 'Advanced', Intermediate' and 'Elementary'; the following table illustrates the proficiency level expected from each of these classifications to help teachers and organisers choose the right game and level for their group.
C1 - Proficiency
C2 - Advanced
B2 - Upper Intermediate
B1 - Intermediate & pre-intermediate
A2 - Pre-intermediate & Elementary
A1 - Beginner
Buying is easy. You simply browse our website or download the brochure and then you order online.
To order online
- Find the game your students would enjoy most.
- Click on the Buy now button on the bottom of the page.
- Select how many packs you need and click on Add to cart
- Receive your games in the post
We recommend you order at least two months before the date of the activity. We will usually despatch your packs six weeks before the booked date to give your teachers enough time to prepare the students for the activity.
If you prefer to contact us before you buy, please just email or call us. We will be happy to help you select the best game for your students.
You can pay with PayPal online (including card payments) or we can invoice you for advance payment by credit card or bank transfer. Contact us to find out how to set up your account.
Please note, payment is always required in advance of despatch. Full terms and conditions of purchase are here.
The clues are all around you...
Fancy your skills as a Sherlock or the new Luther? Now's your chance to put yourself, your friends or your colleagues to the test as you work in teams to investigate a gruesome murder and bring a criminal to justice.
This is a treasure hunt with a difference! Have fun as a group as you track down clues on a map, explore streets and parks and put the pieces of the puzzle together.
Who's it for?
- Workplace socials and team-building
- Parties and special occasions
- Hen and stag days
Our Murder Mystery Game is an on-foot clue-hunt game with additional themed tasks and challenges to complete.
- Time required: 2 to 4 hours
- Number of participants: Available in 6-team packs for up to 36 players. For more players, simply buy more packs.
- Want us to run it for you? Self-run or hosted versions available*.
- Personalisation options
- Personalisation is included in all versions
- Personalisation includes front cover name and photos, backstory and challenges
- Download a personalisation questionnaire (see 'What's included' tab)
- Get interactive: meet up with an undercover operative! (Hosted versions only) - from £250 extra
- Timescales and Booking: please allow 2 weeks minimum notice for self-run game packs. For hosted bookings, 4 to 6 weeks minimum are preferred. We will get in touch with you to make arrangements. Hosted bookings are not confirmed until our booking contract has been exchanged.
* Please note we don't offer hosted children's parties.
- Up to 6 x team packs including clues, maps, instructions, tasks and challenges
- 1 x organiser's pack including answers and scoresheet
- All game materials
- Facilitation on the day including
- Briefing and scene-setting
- Scoring and debrief at the end
- Token prizes
Complete our questionnaire with information about the reason for your treasure hunt game and who is attending. You send us as much relevant information as possible and photographs if applicable, and we'll change the case to reflect the occasion!
Hen and stag party versions
Our hen and stag investigations are relevant to the occasion and always personalised to the bride or groom to be. The theme doesn't have to be about murder if you are uncomfortable with it. We also have backstories involving blackmail and other skullduggery! Download your personalisation questionnaire here.
- Regent's Park
- Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens
- Primrose Hill
Timescales and Booking:
- You will be asked to specify the date of your activity, if known, at checkout.
- Please allow 2 weeks minimum notice for delivery of self-run game packs.
- For hosted bookings, 4 to 6 weeks minimum are preferred. We will get in touch with you to make arrangements.
- Hosted bookings are not binding until our booking contract has been exchanged.
- It may be possible to supply packs at shorter notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Choose from standard untracked delivery (free) or premium (tracked) delivery. We aim to dispatch the packs six weeks prior to the booked date to give teachers time to prepare.