The London Landmarks Mystery
All our activities are suitable to non-native English speakers of one ability level or another. Even those activities primarily targeted at UK students are suitable for proficient English as a Foreign Language (EFL) students, although in some cases they may be quite challenging!
We can, in many cases, offer a fully translated option for younger students or those with very limited English, without making the puzzles themselves too childlike. Please enquire if you believe your group requires this facility.
Our grading system for activities follows the Common European Framework for language teaching and examination. We've simplified the many possible levels by classifying our games as 'Advanced', Intermediate' and 'Elementary'; the following table illustrates the proficiency level expected from each of these classifications to help teachers and organisers choose the right game and level for their group.
C1 - Proficiency
C2 - Advanced
B2 - Upper Intermediate
B1 - Intermediate & pre-intermediate
A2 - Pre-intermediate & Elementary
A1 - Beginner
Buying is easy. You simply browse our website or download the brochure and then you order online.
To order online
- Find the game your students would enjoy most.
- Click on the Buy now button on the bottom of the page.
- Select how many packs you need and click on Add to cart
- Receive your games in the post
We recommend you order at least two months before the date of the activity. We will usually despatch your packs six weeks before the booked date to give your teachers enough time to prepare the students for the activity.
If you prefer to contact us before you buy, please just email or call us. We will be happy to help you select the best game for your students.
You can pay with PayPal online (including card payments) or we can invoice you for advance payment by credit card or bank transfer. Contact us to find out how to set up your account.
Please note, payment is always required in advance of despatch. Full terms and conditions of purchase are here.
Inspector Strand of Scotland Yard needs your help!
This criminal investigation game is set across Central London and is perfect for teams wanting to see the London sights as well as compete in our team adventure. Perfect for company team awaydays where there are at least four hours set aside for a clue hunt activity.
The Story so far...
Inspector Strand of Scotland Yard has been handed a most puzzling case. Many years ago, in the reign of Queen Victoria, the Great London Detective Mr Barrett Hoames exposed and defeated the shadowy master criminal, Modernarti. In recent weeks, the Metropolitan Police have been contacted by an anonymous informant with a sinister message. A bundle of papers was enclosed with the note. They appear to include potential celebrity victims, clues, maps and a selection of times.
Could this be a descendant of Hoames the private detective at work, back in London to look after national interests once again? Inspector Strand isn’t sure what to make of it all but he could really use your help!
Who's it for?
- Corporate team-building and company awaydays
Our London Landmarks Mystery is an on-foot clue-hunt game with teams competing for points from a series of clues and related challenges.
- Time required: minimum 4 hours
- Number of participants: Available in Standard 6-team packs for up to 36 players or Large 12-team packs for up to 72 players. For even larger groups, please contact us.
- Hosted only, includes in-game actor interaction
- Personalisation options
- Location tweaking - £175.
- Timescales and Booking: for hosted bookings, 4 to 6 weeks minimum are preferred. We will get in touch with you to make arrangements. Hosted bookings are not binding until our booking contract has been exchanged.
- All game materials
- Facilitation on the day including
- Briefing and scene-setting
- In-game actor interaction
- Scoring and debrief at the end
- Token prizes
While there is not much scope for story personalisation in this game, we can work with you to agree how far geographically to extend the game and which London sights will be included. There will be a 'location tweaking' fee applied.
This game is centred upon exploring major landmarks in London. The standard locations included are:
- Covent Garden
- Leicester Square
- Trafalgar Square
- Parliament Square
- Buckingham Palace
- St Paul's
- The Millennium Bridge
- Tower Bridge
- The Tower of London
For addition or removal of locations, a 'location tweaking fee; of £175 is applied.
Default version is English Intermediate. For overseas clients an English-English Glossary may be provided for harder words and phrases. We can send electronic copies out in advance of physical delivery to allow time for vocabulary preparation.
Other language variants are available for less advanced students for a small translation supplement. These materials have the story and instructions translated to native language, but clues and answers are always in English.
Other languages may be available - please enquire.
Timescales and Booking:
- You will be asked to specify the date of your activity, if known, at checkout.
- Please allow 2 weeks minimum notice for delivery of self-run game packs.
- For hosted bookings, 4 to 6 weeks minimum are preferred. We will get in touch with you to make arrangements.
- Hosted bookings are not binding until our booking contract has been exchanged.
- It may be possible to supply packs at shorter notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Choose from standard untracked delivery (free) or premium (tracked) delivery. We aim to dispatch the packs six weeks prior to the booked date to give teachers time to prepare.