Race Against TIME
All our activities are suitable to non-native English speakers of one ability level or another. Even those activities primarily targeted at UK students are suitable for proficient English as a Foreign Language (EFL) students, although in some cases they may be quite challenging!
We can, in many cases, offer a fully translated option for younger students or those with very limited English, without making the puzzles themselves too childlike. Please enquire if you believe your group requires this facility.
Our grading system for activities follows the Common European Framework for language teaching and examination. We've simplified the many possible levels by classifying our games as 'Advanced', Intermediate' and 'Elementary'; the following table illustrates the proficiency level expected from each of these classifications to help teachers and organisers choose the right game and level for their group.
C1 - Proficiency
C2 - Advanced
B2 - Upper Intermediate
B1 - Intermediate & pre-intermediate
A2 - Pre-intermediate & Elementary
A1 - Beginner
Buying is easy. You simply browse our website or download the brochure and then you order online.
To order online
- Find the game your students would enjoy most.
- Click on the Buy now button on the bottom of the page.
- Select how many packs you need and click on Add to cart
- Receive your games in the post
We recommend you order at least two months before the date of the activity. We will usually despatch your packs six weeks before the booked date to give your teachers enough time to prepare the students for the activity.
If you prefer to contact us before you buy, please just email or call us. We will be happy to help you select the best game for your students.
You can pay with PayPal online (including card payments) or we can invoice you for advance payment by credit card or bank transfer. Contact us to find out how to set up your account.
Please note, payment is always required in advance of despatch. Full terms and conditions of purchase are here.
A game in which TIME is of the essence!
Less than two hours for your team clue hunt game? Have a very large group (40 or more players)? Then the Race against TIME is the perfect game for you.
A young quantum physicist went missing five years ago. Now he's turned up and is in talks with a foreign power about his scientific discoveries. The British Intelligence Services need to understand what he found and how it works! Can your team find the clues, solve the puzzle and race to get to the TIME portal before any other teams? There are a few variants of this game, some involving NUMBERS and MATHS, and some which are a bit easier. Talk to us about the options!
Who's it for?
- Workplace socials and team-building
- Parties and special occasions
- School trips and overseas students visiting the UK.
Our Race Mission Game is an on-foot clue-hunt game against the clock and against the other teams.
- Time required: 90 minutes to 2 hours
- Number of participants: Available in Standard 6-team packs for up to 36 players or Large 12-team packs for up to 72 players. For even larger groups, please contact us.
- Want us to run it for you? Self-run or hosted versions available*.
- Personalisation options
- We can build in your company story, language and personalities. Talk to us about specific outcomes you'd like from this activity and we'll work with you to adapt the game dynamic and storyline accordingly. Personalisation fee is £200.
- Location tweaking - £175.
- Get interactive: meet up with an undercover operative! (Hosted versions only) - extra fee applies - please get in touch.
- Timescales and Booking: please allow 2 weeks minimum notice for self-run game packs. For hosted bookings, 4 to 6 weeks minimum are preferred. We will get in touch with you to make arrangements. Hosted bookings are not binding until our booking contract has been exchanged.
* Please note we don't offer hosted children's parties
- Up to 6 x team packs (36 players) including clues, maps, instructions, tasks and challenges
- 1 x organiser's pack including answers and scoresheet
- All game materials
- Facilitation on the day including
- Briefing and scene-setting
- Scoring and debrief at the end
- Token prizes
Multiple locations are available for Race Mission Games around the UK. Here are some of them:
- London - Olympic Park
- London - Victoria
- Welwyn Garden City
If you don't see the location you want, please get in touch!
Default version is English Intermediate. For overseas students an English-English Glossary is provided for harder words and phrases. We can send electronic copies out in advance of physical delivery to allow teachers to prepare vocabulary with students.
Other language variants are available for less advanced students for a small translation supplement. These have background and instructions translated to native language, but clues and answers are always in English.
Other languages may be available - please enquire.
Timescales and Booking:
- You will be asked to specify the date of your activity, if known, at checkout.
- Please allow 2 weeks minimum notice for delivery of self-run game packs.
- For hosted bookings, 4 to 6 weeks minimum are preferred. We will get in touch with you to make arrangements.
- Hosted bookings are not binding until our booking contract has been exchanged.
- It may be possible to supply packs at shorter notice, please contact us at email@example.com to enquire.
Choose from standard untracked delivery (free) or premium (tracked) delivery. We aim to dispatch the packs six weeks prior to the booked date to give teachers time to prepare.