Elixir Challenge #1 - The Warm-up Mystery Trail
Posted on January 26 2018
2018 is here and it's good to get outside and do some light exercise to keep warm! To get the Elixir Challenge under way and your clue-seeking eyes and puzzle-solving brains warmed up we are challenging teams to complete the Bristol West End Murder Mystery Trail. Don't worry, you don't need to pay to take part. Here's how it will work.
- Registered teams will be sent a download link and a secret team ID. You will need this ID to register your answer and score points. If you haven't registered yet, do so here.
- There are a maximum of five points to be scored for this challenge.
- One for completing the Trail and submitting your answer using your secret ID
- One for getting the answer correct
- One for each of the three SMS lifelines you do not use to solve it! We have eyes everywhere so we can tell!
We recommend you work in groups of 3 to 6 to do the Trail. It will take about two and a half hours and will help you to explore Bristol. Set off at any time to suit you and submit your answer following the instructions in the trail booklet. You may copy the trail/print off multiple copies and work in sub-teams, but remember, each Secret ID only has ONE chance to enter an answer and you LOSE A POINT for every helpline you use up. So you will need to work as a team to maximise your points potential.
Remember! Each College can register up to 5 Teams to participate in and earn points for the College - so in fact there is a points potential of 25 POINTS for this first Challenge. Plan, communicate, cooperate and play together for your best chance of victory.
If you have any questions, please ask them on the Facebook Page. You can message us - we'll post the answers to commonly asked questions for all teams to see.